Brand new eurorack module from EarthQuaker Devices!
Limited Edition Raw Finish!
Free Shipping to Continental U.S
Collar City Guitars is an authorized EarthQuaker Devices dealer and a Preferred Reverb Seller, buy with confidence!
The Afterneath Eurorack Module brings the otherworldly sounds from the effects pedal world right into your modular synthesizer with an expanded feature set. The Afterneath Module features one main audio input, one main audio output, an audio send and return for the Reflect feedback path, and nine controls. Four of the parameters are controllable via CV, and each has been equipped with a dedicated inverting attenuator. The Afterneath module has a completely analog dry signal path and a totally digital wet signal path.
The Afterneath Module further expands upon our wildly popular Afterneath pedal with the addition of voltage control over the Diffuse, Length and Drag controls. We have also added an entirely new voltage-controlled “Mode” parameter that changes how the Drag responds to knob and CV changes.
When adjusting the Drag via the knob or CV, you will notice a change in character, fidelity and decay length of the effect. There is also a noticeable change in pitch for the sound that is in the Afterneath’s buffer. As with the Afterneath pedal, high settings of the Reflect and Length controls result in self-oscillation, where the pitch of the oscillation is set by the Drag control. There are nine modes that govern the behavior of the Drag control and its effect on the pitch of the sound in the buffer.
Beyond modulated delay and reverb effects, modes 3-9 extend the possibility of using the Afterneath Module as an interesting voltage-controlled oscillator. Another new feature found only in the Afterneath Module is a Dry Kill switch that allows access to a 100% wet signal. Perfect for when you are using the module as an effect send from your mixer or digital audio workstation!
Last, but certainly not least, we have added a Reflect Send and Reflect Return jack. This not only allows external processing of the Afterneath’s Reflect feedback path, but also gives the user access to a phenomenal pseudo-stereo effect. In addition to patching from the main output, you can also patch from Reflect Send jack (For example, using the main audio output as your left channel, and the Reflect Send as your right channel). This provides a wide, immersive, ambient stereo image. This is a great trick for when using the module as an effects send for your favorite modular, mixer or DAW. Additionally, the Reflect Return jack can be used as an additional audio input. The Reflect knob will act as an attenuator for any signal that is patched into the Reflect jack.
- Same otherworldly reverb algorithm built from an adjustable cluster of short delays in a 16HP Eurorack format
- Ranges from scattered individual delays to an immersive wash of atmospheric reverb
- New voltage control over the Drag parameter with 9 unique modes of user-selectable sweep: Unquantized, Unquantized with Slew, Unquantized Volt/Octave, Chromatic, Major, Minor, Pentatonic, Octaves & Fifths, Octaves. These new modes of operation push the already unfuckwithable Afterneath into a whole new realm.
- Features audio send and return for the Reflect feedback path
- Drag, Mode, Diffuse, and Length parameters are controllable via CV, each with dedicated inverting attenuators
- Features Dry Kill switch to eliminate the dry signal from the output, leaving only the wet signal
- Capable of pseudo-stereo operation by using the Reflect Send as an additional output
- All analog dry signal path and a totally digital effect signal path
- Lifetime guarantee
- Current Draw: 95 mA from the +12v rail, 0 mA from both the -12v and +5v rails
- Width: 16HP
- Max Depth: 31.75 mm
- Boxed dimensions: 5.5” x 4.25” x 3.25”
- Out-of-box dimensions: 5” x 3.25” x 1.75”
- Weight: .75 lbs